Fight against other players using the same randomly selected and constantly changing weapon.
Download and Installation
To install, start by downloading and extracting the zip file. Drag and drop the contents of “gesource” into your GoldenEye: Source folder. Override any file conflicts if prompted. Once installed, you can select Casino Royale or Casino Royale LTK from the “Create Server” menu or through the developer console by using the command “ge_gameplay CasinoRoyale” or “ge_gameplay CasinoRoyaleLTK” respectively.
All players carry the same weapon. Every time the counter depletes, a new weapon will be randomly selected and the chaos continues! Once per round, press your ‘!voodoo’ key to skip to the next weapon. Melee kills restore this ability. In Casino Royale LTK, one shot kills.
1 point for scoring most kills during a weapon round, or:
1 point per kill (if cr_teamscoring 0)
1 point per kill
Tweakable Game Options
- cr_timer (default 40) sets the amount of time, in seconds, between each new weapon
- cr_skip (default 1) enables “skips” that allow players to immediately advance to the next weapon
- cr_free_skip (default 1) decides when players get a free skip. 0 for never; 1 for only during free-for-all and cr_teamscoring 0; 2 for always.
- cr_teamscoring (default 1) awards teams points for scoring the most kills during a weapon round, rather than per kill.
Game Events for Plugins
- cr_weaponchange emits whenever the weapon changes.
- cr_restoredskip emits whenever a player earns a skip using a melee kill.
- cr_team_tie emits whenever the teams tie during a weapon round.
- cr_team_win emits when a team winds a weapon round.
- cr_team_lose emits when a team loses a weapon round.
- cr_skipused emits when a player uses a skip.
September 27, 2020
- Updated help text and game mode URL
- Changed behavior of “!version” command to display for all players
June 2, 2019
- This update fixes an issue where the weaponset would stay on Moonraker Arena even after the map or gameplay changed. This issue originated from a fix I did for crashes caused by weaponsets containing hunting knives. Such fixes are no longer needed as the crash bug in GoldenEye: Source has been fixed
- Fixed a glitch where changing the gameplay without hard resetting the round would result in custom HUD elements staying on the screen
- Fixed typo in resetting damage multiplier on gameplay change in Casino Royale LTK
August 26, 2016
- Updated mode for GE:S 5.0
- Completely rewrote code from scratch
- Made it easier to customize the weapon lists used in the modes
- Renamed “power” to “skip”
- Added on-screen notifications for when skips are used and new weapons appear
- Skips now immediately skip to the next weapon, rather than partially draining timer
- Team-scoring notifications are now in the killfeed, rather than chat
- Improved the way ammo crates change ammo type depending on weapon
- Improved text throughout mode
- Weapons now give the usual amount of ammo on spawn
- Ammo crates now give the usual amount of ammo on pickup
- Removed redundant weapons from rotation, such as the unsilinced PP7 from LTK mode
- Added option to change when skips are given, including giving skips depending on teamplay and team scoring
June 30, 2013
- Updated mode for GE:S 4.2.3
August 10, 2012
- Fixed error in Casino Royale LTK using the wrong weaponset list
August 3, 2012
- Updated mode for GE:S 4.2
- Added bot code borrowed from Deathmatch and LTK
May 25, 2011
- Re-removed automatic and most explosive weapons from Casino Royale LTK
May 3, 2011
- Fixed minor error
May 2, 2011
- Added per-weapon-round team scoring
February 19, 2011
- Fixed players using “power” in spectator mode
- Added gameplay events
February 19, 2011
- Fixed glitch where players would drop starting weapons on spawn
February 18, 2011
- Casino Royale initially released